A bike for Stuart’s beloved
Bike lovers – we have a reader contribution!
And just in the nick of time… I’ve been in the grip of blogger’s existential angst and just today was considering pressing pause on Little Bike Blog when I came home to find a message from Stuart in my inbox
This is Stuart’s wife’s new bike as found…
And this is what he he transformed it to…
and this is what he had to say about it…
this is how it ended up! rechromed and rebuilt original wheels, new 2 pack paint, new decals, everything polished. I think I like riding it more than my wife! The back story is that she wanted a retro bike like some of her friends had, but I promised her I would do something a bit different, and restore a genuine French retro bike. it is all original, even the lights work. I had a lot of enjoyment restoring it, and it gets heaps of comments! I love looking on this blog, have been lurking for a while, there are some real nice bikes on there. Nice work!
(Note how I left in the bit about how he likes the blog…was that wrong?)
And here is what I have to say about it:
1. NICE RED! (everyone knows red bikes go faster)
2. love the addition of the congratulatory beer in the photo
3. did you take a leaf out those make-over shows when you were taking the ‘before’ shot? Not really showing it in its best light crammed into the workshop, unflattering angle etc.
4. very exciting to see a non-folding small wheeled Gitane – it’s a Little Bike Blog first
5. hooray for Stuart, you have restored my faith that we little bike folk like to see what each other are up to.